Tuesday 7 June 2011

Travel Ephemera

I love cruise and airline ephemera from the 1950s, 60s and 70s - these from P&O ferries and BOAC - (later to become British Airways).  The first images are by Dorrit Dekk (for a short youtube film on her involvement in the 1951 Festival of Britain and how she came to be in London click here



I didn't get a certificate when I crossed the equator (note to self: pen letter of complaint to Iberia Airways), so have had to source this design myself.  Whilst it has been tempting to scribble my name on them, I have resisted and aim to sell the three I have. 

I have other posters by this artist - one advertising flights to Africa in my living room - and have seen several others for sale, but can't find out much about him...anybody know the mysterious Laban?


No comments:

Post a Comment